Nine Forestry Experts Ignore Request For Tree Assessment
On the 29th August 2011 I wrote an e-mail to these 9 organisations and academics requesting an assessment of the tree in the photo below and received zero responses. Make of it what you will; ignorance of the unknown, fear of ridicule, fear of time wasting, fear of loss of employment, fear of loss of funding etc. but its a little disappointing that they didn't even have the courtesy to even respond and decline my request. Would I need to pay some forestry expert to comment on this photograph? If I did then what would that then say about the honesty of their paid-opinion? Do I need to rephrase my request? Can you help me get some honest answers? Can you ask some experts in your country, please? Maybe you'll have more success than I...
Who I wrote to...
- Forestry Commission UK ( http://www.forestry.gov.uk/ / email@example.com )
- Forestry Commission Scotland ( http://www.forestry.gov.uk/scotland / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Royal Forestry Society ( http://www.rfs.org.uk/ / email@example.com )
- Forestry Journal ( http://www.forestryjournal.co.uk/ / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Dr Rob Brook, Senior Lecturer in Agriculture & Rural Development, Bangor University( http://www.bangor.ac.uk/senrgy/staff/brook.php.en / email@example.com )
- Dr Robert Baxter, Senior Lecturer in the School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Durham University ( http://www.dur.ac.uk/biosciences/about/schoolstaff/allstaff/?mode=staff&id=4 / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Professor Nicholas Smirnoff, Professor of Plant Biochemistry, University of Exeter ( http://biosciences.exeter.ac.uk/staff/index.php?web_id=nick_smirnoff / N.Smirnoff@exeter.ac.uk )
- Professor Dianna J Bowles, Chair of Biochemistry, Department of Biology, University of York ( http://www.york.ac.uk/biology/research/plant-biology/dianna-j-bowles/ / email@example.com )
- Dr Jonathan Clark, University of Surrey ( http://www.surrey.ac.uk/computing/people/jonathan_clark/ / firstname.lastname@example.org )
What I wrote...
Dear (Insert name of organisation/person here),
My name is James Moore of the website Future Of Mankind (.co.uk).
Please can you forward this e-mail to someone within your organisation that is an expert in the identification of tree species. To whomever responds: please spend 2 minutes of your time to provide your estimate for the following attributes of the alleged tree in the attached photo/image (in the e-mails to individual persons I instead simply wrote: Please can you spend 2 minutes of your time to provide your estimate for the following attributes of the alleged tree in the attached photo/image):
Please can you also briefly state the level of your knowledge, experience or qualifications in relation to the study of trees.
I am not asking for your comment regarding the UFO within the image.
Many thanks and may be peace with you, always,
"No life is able to exist without love and without the light of truth. However, no light is able to exist without love and truth, and no truth is able to exist without light and love. True love, is true BEING, and it is the everlasting warmth from the centre of Creation, which is described as true existence. Love is the highest principle of Creation, and through it, everything exists in absolute logic".