This Wiki uses technology that allows anyone to add or edit content and you don't need to be a computer programmer to learn how it is done. The technology is called MediaWiki.
- In order to make a contribution to this Wiki you must first create an account and then login with that account. Click on Log in / create account in the top right-hand corner of the page. You can now create and edit pages (unprotected ones only).
- Add your personal details to your user page (click on your username at the top of the page).
- I recommend you refer to the MediaWiki Handbook to learn how to edit a page.
When submitting new articles you must ensure that:
- the article was obtained from one of the following websites:
- or the article was obtained from any books by the following authors:
- Wendelle Stevens
- or the article was obtained from any FIGU-authorised publication
No other sources are currently permitted. This is to reduce the possibility of incorrect translations which can do more harm to The Mission than good. If you are a translator feel free to post your translation first to the FIGU Forum so that it can be verified and validated.
- the translation includes the original German text, if available, which must be exact to the character.
- the line numbering should also be included in the article if it existed in the original text and if available.
- you include the translator's name, if available, at the top of each page and references at the bottom of the page indicating the source of the article or translated text. e.g. A hyperlink or publication ISBN.
Once an article is submitted, a Wiki admin will check and verify the article.
Vandalism will not be tolerated. IP addresses of offending users will be blocked permanently. It is also pointless since any changes petty or otherwise can easily be rolled back.
- The easiest way to create a new page is to create a link to a new page then click on that link.
- You can now use the new gaiaguys-article-to-Wiki-table convertor here which is not perfect but helps save some editing time.
If you want to translate some German text for personal use, it is advisable to use the online translators provided by Google and Altavista which are some of the best ones available.